There is a form of depression that you will need professional help with. If you have it you will not be looking in this website to help yourself.
The most common causes of depression are long-term, suppressed anger or suppressed hurt. Although these are the cause of eighty percent of depression, the anger or hurt will long ago have been lost to the sight of the sufferer.
Anger is a basic and natural human emotion, which can be healthily expressed through a simple process. If expressed inappropriately, it can obviously have harmful effects on relationships. If suppressed, it can seriously affect the body and it depress you.
When you feel depressed,
1. Find the earliest time that you can remember feeling that way.
2. Feel the depression as though you were there at that time, at the age you were then.
3. Ask who it is that you are angry with, (or by what or whom you were hurt.) The answer may be yourself.
If it is anger,
4. Feel the anger. Feel it more. Feel it as intensely as you can, and let it flow.
5. Flow it into containers, turn it into white sparkling light and pour it into you.
6. Allow yourself to fully feel any hurt that arises. Really let it be there, let it build up and up until it is all there with you, intensely.
7. Flow it into containers, and treat as for anger above.
If you cannot find anger or hurt, ask yourself whether there was an earlier time that you felt that same depression. Don’t try to remember a time. Ask if it is there, and then wait patiently to see if it comes to you. It will if you just let it. Then proceed as above.
Some depressions can reach a stage where professional assistance such as Dianetics is required.
0. The coming of the prophet 1. Love 2. Marriage 3. Children 4. Giving 5. Eating and Drinking 6. Work 7. Joy and Sorrow 8. Houses 9. Pets 10. Clothes 11. Buying and Selling 12. Crime and Punishment 13. Laws 14. Freedom 15. Reason and Passion 16. Pain 17. Self-Knowledge 18. Teaching 19. Friendship 20. Talking 21. Time and Space 22. Good and Evil 23. Prayer 24. Pleasure 25. Beauty 26. Religion 27. Death 28. Forms Of Existence 29. Real vs Virtual 30. The Farewell