Dating Communication Do’s & Don’ts
A very important ingredient to having a superior relationship lies in good communication. In fact, it is almost impossible to have any kind of relationship with a person unless you are able to relate to him or her. The ability to communicate effectively means that you have to pay close attention and to listen very carefully. We all have different methods of communication. You need to be able to understand, appreciate, and respect how other people communicate, especially your dating partner.
A good way to show your date that you are listening carefully to him or her is to repeat what he or she has said. Say for example your partner tells you: “You have been very distant lately”, you then say, “So you are saying I have been distant?” Follow up with an open ended question like “Tell me more about what you mean.” By saying that, you can verify what your partner has said and make him or her feel comfortable about talking to you about his or her concern.
How you communicate with your words could bring comfort by reducing fear and easing tension. The following are some guiding principles to help you take advantage of your words and get your point across more effectively:
DO make the person you are talking to feel secure by offering a lot of support and appreciation. This gets the silent types to open up more and feel at ease.
DON’T make your date feel uncomfortable by judging, criticizing, or making fun of what he or she has to say.
DO relax. Feeling anxious can mess up your confidence and attention. Take deep breaths when you feel like you need to end the conversation because of fear or panic.
DON’T feel that everything has to be resolved at one time.
DO listen carefully and avoid interrupting while the other person is talking.
DON’T use offensive vocabularies and expressions. It is very disrespectful and cheapens you and the person you are talking to.
DO get to the point and be clear on what you want to get across or if you have any questions.
Dating Do’s And Don’ts
We’ve all been on a date before and wondered whether or not you should or should not do or say something. As much as we would like to deny it, there are some unwritten dating ‘rules’ that everyone should follow…which will make everyone, male and female, much more comfortable and content with a date.
First, there are some things everyone should do on dates. There is the obvious first impression. Try to look your best and be punctual. No one wants to date an irresponsible slob. To go the other way, flatter and compliment your date on the way they look and the things they wear. People tend to put in a lot of effort for a date, so being told that they look nice is always good to hear.
Have fun when dating. Be interested and interesting. Make sure to tell someone if you are not interested in dating them again. Being lied to and hopes kept alive is an evil and malicious act. If you don’t want to see them again, let them know that in the nicest possible way you can.
Date the type of people you like and are attracted to, whatever your friends may say. Stay positive even when dates don’t end well. You will meet some nice people and probably make some good contacts.
Dating is a creative diversion, it requires concentration and energy so when you are dating keep some plans in the forefront of your mind and allow dating to take you to places you always wanted to visit within your own city.
Make dating happen for yourself. People will not come and ring your bell from nowhere. Dating requires positive action so go out there and meet people, as many people as you can. Practice your chat and flirting on shop workers, bar attendants, anywhere and everywhere. Being nice to people is very sexy and great fun.
Surround yourself with positive like minded people who are also dating.
Dating Do’s and Dont’s – Getting a second date
Remember that you only get one chance to make the first impression.
1) Ensure that you are listening as well as speaking.
3) Maintain eye contact, but don’t stare – this is an agressive act.
4) Don’t spend the entire date talking about yourself. Ask questions about his job, family, friends, goals, pets, hobbies and interests. You will get all the information you need to know if you ask questions and then listen.
5) Don’t ask yourself is the man I want to marry on your first date. Don’t look at her as if she has no clothes on.
6) Be safe. Use your good judgement. Always remain in public and take your cell phone.
7) Make sure you tell a friend where you are going.
8) Don’t get drunk. You will more likely to make bad judgements.
9) Look your best.
10) Don’t give away too much personal information.
11) Don’t talk about your ex. This is the fastest way NOT to get a second date.
12) Don’t be late
13) Be yourself.
14) Don’t act desperate, even if you are.
15) Pay attention. Listen for inconsistencies in the conversation. Watch for bad behaviour. Ie drinks too much, aggressive or confrontational.
16) Don’t talk about your weight and dieting.
17) Don’t talk about your girlfriends.
18) Turn your mobile phone off, or have it on vibrate, but DO NOT answer it.
19) Keep your first meeting short.
20) Be confident. This is an attractive characteristic.
Dating Communication Do’s & Don’ts