First Kiss – Dealing with the Anxiety
If you’re getting close to landing your first kiss and you’re overwhelmed with stress, then you must read this article. It will slash your anxiety in half. Make your first kiss enjoyable!
Getting close to landing your first kiss? Are you overwhelmed with stress? If the answer is yes, then you must read this article. It will slash your anxiety in half.
1) Eliminate Expectations
Don’t expect to set the world on fire with your first kiss. Instead, decide that you just want to give a normal 10 second kiss. Shooting for a realistic goal will lower your stress considerably.
2) Remember that you’ll get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th + chance. Once that initial kiss is made, you guys will do it a hundred more times. You’ll be so relieved and thrilled to be kissing, that you’ll want to do it all the time. So, if you screw up a little on your first kiss, don’t sweat it. You’ll get another chance to do it better…probably within the hour.
3) It’s probably their first kiss, too
Don’t expect to be judged on your performance. If they haven’t kissed anyone before, either, you can be damn sure that they’re also stressing about it. In fact, after you guys pull apart from your first kiss, it’s likely they’ll be so busy wondering “Am I doing this right”, that they won’t stop to consider whether you did it right.
4) They want you to kiss them
Go ahead and assume that the person you’re dating wants to kiss you. Obviously, they’re physically attracted to you. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be dating you. It’s only natural for them to want you in a more physical way. Of course, they want to kiss you.
5) Think positive thoughts
Psyche yourself up. Think how happy you’ll be once you land that first kiss. Think of all the hours of making out that will be going on after you get the first kiss over with. Think how great it’s going to feel. Don’t delay this ecstasy any longer.
6) Billions of people kiss every day
A kiss is a normal everyday thing for several billion people. Your mom and dad, neighbors, and other people all over the world kiss all the time, so what’s the big deal? If they can do it, why can’t you? If it’s no big deal to dinosaurs like your parents and grandparents, why should you have a problem with it?
7) Visualize it
Try to picture how it’s going to go down. When you go to bed at night, close your eyes and try to imagine how you’re going to make your approach, how you’re going to hold them, etc. The more you visualize this moment, the more comfortable and stress free you’ll be when the time comes to do it for real.
8) Practice it in your room…seriously
Physically go through the motions that you visualized in the previous step. Practice walking up to your sweetie, practice what you’re going to say (and in what tone of voice), and practice leaning in. You can even practice kissing your hand. Believe it or not, but these techniques actually work. Going through the motions will prepare you for the real thing.
0. The coming of the prophet 1. Love 2. Marriage 3. Children 4. Giving 5. Eating and Drinking 6. Work 7. Joy and Sorrow 8. Houses 9. Pets 10. Clothes 11. Buying and Selling 12. Crime and Punishment 13. Laws 14. Freedom 15. Reason and Passion 16. Pain 17. Self-Knowledge 18. Teaching 19. Friendship 20. Talking 21. Time and Space 22. Good and Evil 23. Prayer 24. Pleasure 25. Beauty 26. Religion 27. Death 28. Forms Of Existence 29. Real vs Virtual 30. The Farewell