Dating can be a bit daunting when you are a senior but you deserve to be happy so why not take the chance and try to find that special person that can add some romance into your life. The hardest step is making the actual decision to go ahead and get back into the dating game.
Here are some tips that can help you re-enter the dating scene.
1. Enter the dating scene with an open mind. Remember that you are much older than you were when you were dating as s teen or young adult and the men you will be dating are also much older. Physical attraction is important but just don’t expect a James Dean lookalike. Compatibility is also very important and you want to date someone with similar interests that you will be comfortable spending time with.
2. Don’t expect to find the right one on your first date; it is never as easy as that. You may need to go on a few dates with different people before finding the right man for you. Often love finds you when you aren’t looking for it so just be open to meeting new people and even widen your circle of friends, you never know where you will find the right one.
3. Don’t be in a rush to find the right one, just take your time. When you start dating someone just take things slowly and let the relationship progress at its own pace. Just go out and enjoy yourself and if the lover you date isn’t happy to take things slow, then he probably isn’t the right one anyway.
4. Don’t spend your first date talking about your ex. There is nothing that will scare a man off faster than someone constantly talking about their ex. It doesn’t matter if you talk about him in a nice way or a bad way, just don’t talk about him much or at all.
5. Join a dating club, a seniors club or an online dating site. There are many ways to meet new people if you put yourself out there and join some of these organisations. Just sign up and enjoy yourself doing it, if you are too apprehensive this will come across to your potential date. You will be much more attractive to a man if you are seen as someone who enjoys life.
6. Be honest. Although you are older and think that a photo might not attract any dates, the truth is that if you use a fake photo, the truth will come out eventually when you meet the lover. Use a photo of yourself but use one that is flattering. You will also want to use one that is reasonably recent, there is no point putting a photo of yourself when you were 20. When you write a description about yourself be honest there too. You can write flattering points as long as they are honest. Remember, the truth comes out eventually.
The most important point when you get back into the dating scene is to enjoy yourself. You only live once so you might as well enjoy it. If someone doesn’t like your sense of humour or doesn’t like your photo, then they aren’t worth dating anyway. The right one will come along and he will like you for who you really are, so just go out and have some fun.
0. The coming of the prophet 1. Love 2. Marriage 3. Children 4. Giving 5. Eating and Drinking 6. Work 7. Joy and Sorrow 8. Houses 9. Pets 10. Clothes 11. Buying and Selling 12. Crime and Punishment 13. Laws 14. Freedom 15. Reason and Passion 16. Pain 17. Self-Knowledge 18. Teaching 19. Friendship 20. Talking 21. Time and Space 22. Good and Evil 23. Prayer 24. Pleasure 25. Beauty 26. Religion 27. Death 28. Forms Of Existence 29. Real vs Virtual 30. The Farewell